This is a large sized cast.
The Throne is an exploration into mind of Herod, his family and the coming of the magi. It has been a year and a half since the birth of Jesus and the magi, who have seen His star in the east, have come to worship.
Running time - Approx. 90 minutes
There is a CD with the background music available.
Cast of Characters
- Herod the Great - A man possessed with the idea that people are trying to take over his position. He sees spies behind every curtain. The truth is he is probably right!
- Archelaus, Herod's Son - The mirror image of his father. Loves the conspiracies, A big bully.
- Anthony, Captain of the Guard - A sane voice, but will do whatever Herod asks, as that is his job. Flirts a bit, but not too seriously on his part.
- Caius, Roman Guard
- Laramaus, Roman Guard
- Ananias, Jewish Council Member - Knows the law, but is cowed by Herod.
- Archemedes, Court Wizard - A sly and bit of a wacko individual.
- Polonius, A Roman Politician - Someone who would like to see Herod gone.
- Joseph - Gentle and shy.
- Jesus (As a child) - If a 1½ to 2-year-old cannot be found who will be calm on stage, bring out a cradle.
- Jesus (On the Throne)
- Ghesbar - Physically the most dominate. A balance between Bartholomew's half-full and Achmed's half-empty attitudes.
- Bartholomew - Kind and gentle. Sees little evil in anyone.
- Achmed - Sarcastic and fun loving. Yet deeply committed to their mission.
- Mariane, Herod's Wife - Haughty, proud. Very selfish.
- Julia, Herod's Daughter - A teenager or young women. Flirts with Anthony, but is a bit too young for him.
- Ashnah, Servant Girl - Open eyed.
- Kenah, Servant Girl - Curious, sneaky
- Debir, Servant Girl - Insolent
- Rachelle, Ghesbar's Wife - Strong willed.
- Alia, Achmed's Wife - Loud, brassy and is not afraid to get in Achmed's face.
- Mary - Gentle, loving.
- Anna, Mary's friend, - Strong, full of life.
Angel of the Lord